Sunday, May 3, 2009

Forced Holiday

As some people may know, i have worked for Wendys for quite a long time, 3 years to be exact. Now during this time i have accumulated alot of paid leave. As a result i have been forced to take a 2 week holiday. Now don't get me wrong i hate multi-national corperations so any excuse to complain about them, the so called "free market." (there is no free market) but that isn't the intention of this blog and spouting my left wing perspective is for another day. But i was thinking, one day i will have to leave Wendys. (sadface..... Not!) due to going onto better things (touch wood). So i thought i'd hook up the webcam express that in interpretive dance! You may see by the lack of media that's not the case, i've misplaced my leapard skin leotard and my room does not provide ample room for me to dance with unpredictable movements and joking aside badly. So i thought i'd use another medium which i am less inadiquate at, through verse;

If i should leave think of me
In the corner of some foriegn grill
To be forever Wendys

Yes that was a shameless parody of Rupurt Brooke (6th form English ftw!)
Now for the real poem

Wendys oh Wendys
I've known you so long
People have left
And people have gone
Memories good and memories bad
And some sources of stress
That i've never had

But i have have been thinking
Of things i will miss
I'd think the things that i won't
Would be a longer list
The Blues however i'll feel i'm sure
When i finally leave
But i think i can cure

The people of course
Friendships i hold dear
Without whose presence
My shifts i would fear
There is also a list however short
Of those i dislike
In tact, i won't report

But it's sad to think
That's all i will miss
Because friendship are fickle and people leave
Leaving me to reminiss
I wonder when long is too long
And i often sit and think
And does that make it wrong

Because i hate when customers are stupid or short
Or when managers are pestering
For us to work faster, or longer or stronger
And the noise from machines make my ears ring
And the kitchens are too hot in the summer
But in the winter at the window it's cold
Which can be a bit of a bummer

So in this hypothetical leaving
Which will happen in some time
And it's also kinda shameless
That i picked an easy ryhme
Ending on a joke, will leave me on a high
How i'd like to leave my job
As well as a sincere and heartfelt goodbye.

Thank you and stay cool!

1 comment: