Saturday, April 11, 2009

Obligation

I hope i'm not breaking some blogging rule by writing about an obscure concept, but this is a what's on my mind blog and when i start thinking away my imagination goes to some pretty strange and sometimes dark places.

To do justice to this thought i'm obligated to write it down as soon as possible, unfortunatly i have broken this obligation. I've broken two obligations in a blog about obligation, not only that but alot of the aspects of obligation i was thinking about have gone from my mind, so not the best of starts there really.

But as i've stated this blog i'm obligated to continue to the very bitter end and damn well enjoy the process of doing it.

Now in my opinion obligation comes into two catagories, social obligations and legal obligations, people tend to fulfill their legal obligations as the big bad government will hunt you down and give you a damn good talking to. On the other hand people not priorities and even ignore their social obligations (well like me)

As an example say your picking up someone from a bus station and you're going to be more than ten minutes in arriving, you're obligated not not say you'll be there soon. however loose the meaning of soon is i think anything over the 10 minutes falls out of juristiction of soon!

I also saw some g units as my bus drove past Akoranga station and as g's are obligated to be g's they made g signs at the bus, although it wasn't in a douchy way, it was a more funny, fun loving way. (although i was in a rare optimistic mood that day)

I guess the vandals that smashed my wing mirror, felt obligated as vandals to vandalise my car, while ignoring their social obligation to respect my propery and their legal obligation to not commit a crime. Now i'm not bitter, but from now i have a high powered hydrolic crossbow, i'll show how unbitter i am from the soon to be built turret on top of my house next time someone goes near my car.

Now as per my usual blogging style, i end with a C grade version of something i call a punchline or a one liner (is it a or an, i'm sure it should be an but i'm sounding it out and it doesn't sound right) You would almost say i'm obligated to, i guess that's another obligation broken.

1 comment:

  1. Oliver you are cool. OI and G's are awesome everyday no matter what mood you are in! Remember that.

    ReplyDelete